“Mindful eating is an approach that involves bringing one’s full attention to the process of eating–to all tastes, smells, thoughts, and feelings that arise during a meal. … In this book you’ll learn how to:
• Tune into your body’s own wisdom about what, when, and how much to eat;
• Eat less while feeling fully satisfied;
• Identify your habits and patterns with food;
• Develop a more passionate attitude toward your struggles with eating;
• Discover what you’re really hungry for.”
The book includes a 75-minute audio program with guided exercises for getting started with mindful eating. Order it from your favourite bookstore (please buy locally!), the monastery’s mail-order store, or, if you live in Victoria BC, ask Peter for an autographed copy.
Jan Chozen Bays, MD, is a pediatrician, co-founder and senior teacher of Great Vow Zen Monastery (and Peter’s spiritual teacher).